Sometimes I take a long time to tell stories.
Sometimes this frustrates people.
I lose my train of thought in the middle of the conversation. I get easily distracted and maybe I even get bored listening to myself talk that I zone out a little.
Sometimes this makes the listener feel impatient.
Oftentimes I like to include lots of details and background. I'm very detail oriented ok? Even if it seems like it has nothing to do with what we're talking about, or if the listener would rather I just get to the point, I promise it will all fit together, eventually.
To those who wish I'd just get to the point, I'm sorry.
To those who patiently listen and get me back on track when I go off on a tangent, thank you.
And, I will try to get to the point a little faster.
Your stories are great!
ReplyDelete