Wednesday, January 27, 2010

It was so bad that it's good!

"It was so bad that it's good!"

This is a phrase that has wandered into my mind recently.
In reference to one really bad relationship in particular, I've realized just how much appreciate the fact that it was SO bad it's actually GOOD!  Thanks to those "bad" experiences, I can now enjoy the good so much more!

All that stress, anxiety, worry, heartache, lameness, confusion, miscommunication, misunderstanding, frustration as well as a few tears and a bunch of terrible  blind dates (that felt like a huge waste of time)....All worth it.  Kinda reminds me of that book by Sheri Dew: "If Life Were Easy, It Wouldn't Be Hard".  Well duh....

More than once during some of those most troubling times in life I've been guilty of wishing I could have all the answers right then and there.  Just when I felt as if I'd explode from the seemingly unbearable uncertainty, knowing the Whys, Hows, What-ifs what have been just the ticket.  We can be such pansies sometimes, thinking to ourselves things like:

"It hurts!" 
"Take it away!"
"This is too hard!"
"If I could just know everything at that very moment the pain would go away, right?"

Honestly, I'm glad things don't work that way.  SO glad!  It's a wonderful feeling to look back and see how all those experiences have added up to make me into who I am today (and hopefully that is a better person).  How would we learn anything otherwise? To me it's yet another reminder of how aware God is of His children, and how everything is for our good and ultimately our happiness.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Live Traffic Feed